Saturday, January 10, 2009

Thank You!

I would like to start this post with an enormous" THANK YOU", for all of your prayers!  I truly appreciate them from the bottom of my heart!  This week was an extremely grueling time for me and my family.  We passed around a very nasty stomach bug.  I believe that only God helped me get through it with a kind and patient heart.  I don't like to see my babies and husband in pain!  It is my privilege to nurse them back to health, but was difficult since I also had the virus, TWICE!  Yes, I got over it, then caught it again!  Clinton worked late every night (He said that many of his patients had the same thing.), so I had to do all household tasks by myself.  Even though I was ill, I was cleaning up after the kids "sick messes"(which were frequent!), assisting bathroom trips (VERY frequent!!), trying to care for the ones that weren't sick (and needed lunch, diaper changes,...), and feeding the horses (all the way in the back pasture)!  Clinton was so sick that I did not want to wake him, when I noticed that he had forgotten to take the trash to the road for pick-up.  Normally, I would have just waited until the next week, but the garbage was overflowing already!  So I bundled up, went outside and  forced two more bags into the huge receptacle.  Then came the hard part.  I could barely pull it up our gravel driveway (a hill)!  It tipped over a few times and other times the gravel was so thick that the wheels were no use at all!  Thank you, God, for giving me strength!    

We are almost rid of the bug!  Owen and Ezra are still experiencing some.."symptoms", and Emma got sick last night.  Maybe it will be just that once!  She was the one that got the bug first!  Lord, please don't let her get it again!  I have been sanitizing EVERYTHING!  I even opened a few windows to air out the house.  It was nice, but I couldn't keep them open for very long because of the cold weather.  
Thank you again for all of your prayers!!  Thank you, Father, for your love and mercy!  By Your stripes, we are HEALED!

3 comments:

Tina said...

Oh what a week. I am so Thankful God heard all our prayers. Is your husband a physician?

Bekki B said...

I am prayin' girl! God strengthen you greatly!

MaryJane said...

To Tina: Yes, he is. He works at the clinic and the hospital (alternating weeks), so he is probably the one to blame! We need to get a sanitization tank to dip him in before entering the house! :)